Self care isn’t selfish.
Life is demanding and can be draining.
We need to recharge so we can continue to give our best to the ones we love.
You are worth it and there is nothing this world needs more than for you to be the best you that you can be.
Ideas for quality self care:
- Sit and enjoy a cup of coffee. Every sip.
- Slow down, pray, and meditate on today’s goals.
- Exercise or stretch
- Listen to a podcast, read a book, have a devotion.
- Spend quality time with a loved one.
- Go for a walk
- Light a candle and take a bubble bath
- Take a power nap
- Pamper yourself. Hair, nails, facial mask, etc.
- Listen to music
- Treat yourself, cook comfort food, have dessert.
When we don’t take care of ourselves, we simply can’t take care of others.
We get careless and less considerate.
We stress and have panic attacks.
We envy others.
We bark at the family quicker.
We allow the joy God gives us to be sucked from our own lives.
Self care allows us to improve in our health, our productivity, and our ability to give back.
Strengthen your mind, body and soul today.